Hello to everyone!
From within our homeschooling routines, I'm hoping I can use this blog to communicate with you all regularly this fall. It's exciting stuff: We've got Bun Watch as well as homeschool adventures, and our new house. Plenty of pictures to share.
I'm now 27 weeks in the pregnancy. The glucose test will be next week Wednesday. My weight and blood pressure have been just fine, and my rings still fit. The number of pillows used to sleep comfortably varies night to night.
Tuesday, Logan and I went to IKEA to get a cabinet to add to the kitchen. It'll become part of our "launch pad" which is where you keep keys, boots, stuff you need to take on the next trip, etc. Right now, that stuff is on the end of the kitchen counter, and that's got to stop if I'm going to attempt to keep counters cleared between uses. I hope to assemble the cabinet today and set it in place, but it will be without a counter-top until Andy can cut one from the left-over counter-top from what used to be my office. We already cut into that one for the top of the new dishwasher in the apartment. Turned out pretty well!
Yesterday, Logan and I went out to the farm stands and the co-op. We do all of the school work in the mornings (with recess!)and then we've got the afternoons to take care of business or go do something fun or MORE educational stuff. This afternoon we're planning to hike Case Mountain, because you can see Hartford from the top...and because it's 5 minutes away. It's also not very big. Logan hiked it once before, when he was 2 or 3.
I have pears to can from our farmstand trip yesterday, and made a deal with the farmer that I'd be back on Monday afternoon for peaches seconds for canning. This past saturday, I came upon tomato seconds at the farmers' market, perfect for diced tomato canning, and did up 12 quarts.
No comments:
Post a Comment